Monday, May 4, 2009

loveletters

Despite my usual realism and even sometimes cynicism in the romantic realm due to what I thought was irreparable damage during the height of my vulnerable years (ha, as if they've ended. Do they ever?)... the past few months have almost completely reversed this.  Yes, I must admit that this reversal of cynicism is due to a certain someone, but also, I feel like as I've matured and stopped doing things that took huge emotional tolls on myself, a sense of wonder and idealism has returned to me.  I've always had a tiny bit of idealism; you can't really be a creative realist... and after all, my creativity is the personality trait I cherish most.  But I almost feel like my innocence was returned to me.  And so, that's why PostSecret and this new blog (art project? website? I'm not sure what to call it) reach me so deeply.  Both projects have similar aims: to reach people because people can relate to these projects.  People project their vulnerability in these projects and it starts to soften the cynicism about love and romanticism that has been steadily growing for quite some time now.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of "hook-ups."  Sure, you have a good time, but what are you left with afterwards besides a messy hairdo and the 50% chance (if you're lucky) that your booty call will actually call you once more. 
Personally, I'm ready for men to start opening the car door for me again and shaking my father's hand like they mean it.  Good thing I've got someone who is willing to do both and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment